Published on March 05, 2019
Release 2.8 uses the file system instead of a database for storing submitted code and generated feedback, enables filtering of users included in the scoresheet of a series, and displays course-level statistics.
The scoresheet of a course series by default contains all course members. From now on, this list of users can be reduced by searching for specific users by name and/or by label. The scoresheet menu also contains an option to only show users that have submitted at least one solution for an exercise in the series.
Course admins can inspect course-level statistics by clicking the statistics button in the navigation bar. The statistics page displays basic course statistics and a punchcard that groups submission timestamps by hour of day and week. More statistics will be added in future releases.
For a full list of changes we refer to our GitHub release, but we list the most important things below.
- enforce maximal memory limit for evaluating submissions
- store submission data on file system
- add punchcard with submission timestamps to course-level analytics
- list courses that use an exercise on exercise edit page
- allow course admins to download all submissions for a series
- improve caching behaviour
- add institution to user profile
- filter users included in series scoresheet